A Stitch in Time

Got the patch for my jacket completed, but feeling that it could be bigger so may hot foot it bag to the Fablab and enlarge the final product.

With this i needed to convert my base image to a simple black and white .bmp I did this task using GIMP a free ‘Photoshop-like’ tool by using the selection and invert selection tools to finally get the image in the format needed.

From here I needed to put the file through to conversions, this was using the software for the sewing machine which has its own file format, once you have it in the right format you can export it to a memory stick, put it in the machine and simply click start. From the first test I did I found that it wasnt think enough so I had to create two files one that stitched vertically and one that stitched horizontally. Really pleased with the outcome but think an enlargement is needed. Once I get this done I will throw up some pictures, for now have a look at the demo stuff:

 

Advertisements

Posted on September 13, 2012, in Cosplay and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: